The first BRIDGE workshop was organized by FORTH on 9-10 November 2023.
Four seminars/presentations were given by the leading partners during this workshop.
- “Hidden in breath: exhaled biomarkers of health and disease” by Dr Jonathan Beauchamp (FHG)
- “Halide perovskite and perovskite-related nanocrystals: Synthesis, optical properties, heterostructures” by Liberato Manna (IIT)
- “Quality assurance in breath-based diagnostics: instrument cross-platform performance assessments” by Y Lan Pham (FHG)
- “ZnCl2 mediated synthesis of InAs nanocrystals with aminoarsine” by Dr Luca De Trizio (IIT)
Collaborators from FORTH, University of Crete and Hellenic Mediterranean University also presented their research activities:
- “Robust room-temperature spin-valley polarization in graphite-filtered WS2 monolayers” by Prof George Kioseoglou (FORTH- University of Crete)
- “Two-dimensional based energy harvesting devices” by Prof Emmanuel Kymakis (HMU)
- “Materials for efficient energy storage: The chemical growth approach” by Prof Dimitra Vernardou (HMU)
- “Advanced functional materials for energy and environmental applications” by Dr Vassilios Binas (FORTH)
- “Computer-aided materials design for environment and energy applications” by Prof Ioannis Remediakis (University of Crete)
- “Total scattering solutions for nanoscale matter”, by Dr Alexandros Lappas (FORTH)
- “Designing metal halide perovskites for energy storage and sensing applications” by Dr Athanasia Kostopoulou (FORTH, co PI of BRIDGE)